Originally Posted By: Cuz-Pat
I guess you could always go to the mountainous region of Pelham, AL and hunt those "100% free range in the big pen" deer if you are unhappy with your club.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. grin

Seriously, it's hard to find a great club where all is good and wonderful.

Make the best of the rest of your year and look for something different for next year. thumbup

Some studs DOWN there in North Alabama...LOL. (wait..I live in North Alabama..and thats not in it!)

I just leased some land near where that bigun was taken. Just a little piece..(PEN) inside the bigger pen. 5 acres at $1000 an acre. Golden!

Breeder pens right there...on one side..feeder on the other. I found a big trail on the Transition route from Bedding ( hay lined stall) to feeding area ( tripod feeder with high protein and corn).

After 5 hours of scouting..(ok..5 minutes) I put my stand right where it needs to be.

Now like I HAVETA PUT IN MY TIME!!! ENDLESS HOURS..straining the patience of mortal man!!...

.Ok never mind..my guide hit him in the ass with the cattle prod..here he comes 5 minutes in!

Man am I good or what? That scouting is paying off ( as well as my dads AMEX platinum Card!)

Good lord he saw me and spooked..but heck here he comes again..heading to the safety of his PEN. Not much to see..time for the FATAL NECK shot...and hes down!

Dang, let me tell you guys... theres nothing like the rush of hunting these big fair chase, big pen, high fence whitetails..( other then my dads credit line).

Man..life is good. Heck..I might even go the rest of this year without getting arrested for something after this.... slap

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 12/03/16 04:28 PM.