Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Originally Posted By: doekiller
Come on. Give the guy a break. He got pretrial diversion for his FELONY domestic violence strangulation charge.

Does that still allow him to posses a firearm? Lay-man's terms for us non-attorneys please.

pretrial diversion - a person is charged but is not yet tried and does not have to admit guilt but does have to meet "certain conditions" - such as counseling/therapy, probation, paying restitution, etc..

it is a way for the person committing the act(crime) to right his wrong and be given a chance to be a productive member of society; and, possibly to never have the act (crime) show on an arrest/criminal record.

he may still be "in the program" and not yet completed the required conditions. he is not a felon and can possess a firearm, unless he has continued criminal behavior.

some folks may read these posts and clearly see some personality disorders - antisocial and narcissistic. i'm not a doctor and not saying there is, just stating an opinion. for the sake of his family, i would pray that his egomaniacal issues are resolved and he will prove to be a loving, kind, caring and devoted father to any children he has.

makes one wonder if there is any split personality/schizophrenic disorders too. how does one work for such a wealthy, prominent individual as mr. favre and the folks around him not know what is going on? this young man is living the dream and has the world by the horns but he has no clue. maybe he has seen what money and fame can do and wants a taste of it without the toil and sweat it takes to get a person to the top of the ladder. just the ramblings of an old lady (in other words, my opinion).