Originally Posted By: Irishguy
Originally Posted By: Recurve
I don't mean to sound insensitive here so I don't want to come across that way. But, I'm having a hard time finding out any answers as far as upcoming trips there. We were supposed to go Dec 17 - 20 and stay in the Gatlinburg Inn. Obviously they are saying that downtown is intact, but I'm doubtful they will have everything up and running by then. It's part of a graduation present for my woman, so I had hoped to get a feel for the situation as far as tourism goes so I can make alternate plans.

Has anyone heard anything from anyone who is planning on taking the trip up there in the next couple weeks?

Have you considered taking her to Ashville? Beautiful city. Not quite a touristy as Gatlinburg and a little more upscale. Plus I'll bet she would like to see the Biltmore all decked out for Christmas.

We had mainly thought about Helen GA if not Gatlinburg, but that is a good idea so I'll look into it. She likes that stuff.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan