Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Originally Posted By: Atoler
I held my nose and voted for him yesterday, but that hasn't changed my opinion of him based on his history. I think he is a very capable person, I'm simply not convinced of his intentions. I really hope that I'm wrong and most of you are right. We will have to wait and see on that end.

Either way, some of y'all need a reality check. I'm seeing all these claims of what he's going to do, what he will accomplish. Any real positive improvements will take multiple president's contributions. If he can get one or two policies implemented, he will be highly successful.

That's incorrect, because all of Obama's doings can be undone in the first 100 days. The only thing that requires Congressional repeal is Obamacare. Everything else was done by executive order, and Trump can just rip those up. I'm in no way saying he will do those things, I'm just saying that positive improvements will not take multiple presidents.

There is a provision in Obamacare that requires 60 votes. He can get those 60 votes with a little whipping. We have to remember though, the problem has always been the use of Senate procedure by the democrats and a republican congress refusing to fight it even with a majority. But, it will take a spine on the part of the republicans (looking at you McConnell) to cut the blood supply off through budget reconciliation.

Another note: I am really hoping the people of Kentucky wise up and boost that idiot. I am just about sick and tired of Mitch sabotaging everything the good republicans want to do.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan