I've been there and even done that.

Last year got in early afternoon to set up for an evening hunt on a funnel and had a guy walk right up on me about 45 mins before prime time. I spoke with him and he was just a prick about. He was all like well this is public land and blah blah blah. Needless to say that ruined my hunt cause he went the same direction in which the deer came from. I even watched him go down a few hundred yard and set up. Pissed me off. Never hunted that area again thanks to him.

Then same year I ended up walking in one morning "still early" on a guy that was set up in a ground blind. Him and I spoke about direction and all so we agreed we could work the area together. We worked out a plan so that we both had good spots. Needless to say deer came in from closer to him. Long story short on that I helped him drag it out and all.

Public land hunting is a big challenge also because you never know if someone is in "your" spot. That's why I always have several in the area.

Good luck hunting man.

"Change The Way Things Are. It May Seem Small & Insignificant. But It's Not About What It Is But What It Can Become"