Originally Posted By: bambam32
Originally Posted By: bambam32
CNC, like you, I tried to double crop but now I don't have enough to mow. I've only got two T&M fields because the hogs jacked up one of them. I'll be running the disk over the plots with the gangs in a non-aggressive position. I'm hoping that I can keep most of the thatch on top. We are going to spread our lime and fertilizer this weekend and wait for a better forecast before slinging the seed.

Per my earlier report, I mowed too much this summer. What grew back was sprayed and was laid over by the time we spread seed two weeks ago.

We spread the seed. I then ran over it with the disk with a slight bite in the front gang, the back straight and a drag behind the disk. I went slow and I was impressed with the results. The seed was covered with soil and the thatch stayed on top. I hopped off the tractor several times to investigate. The disk only scratched the surface of the soil. FWIW, my disk is about 6' and weighs 650 lbs. It took a little longer than mowing but not much. Just to clarify, I did not disk before spreading any seed. We are getting rain at the camp now. Hopefully I'll have some good news to report.

thumbup

We dont rent pigs