Success! Climbed down right at dark. Immediately found my arrow. It was covered in blood but also had a lot of indications of a hit in the gut. The deer was quartering to me so wasn't too concerned. No problems following the blood for the first 25 yards (even for a colorblind chump like me). Then the blood just stopped. So I'm down on the ground in this thicket searching for blood and the yotes start in. One probably less than 200 yards from me. Part of me was a little nervous since I was unarmed and the other part of me couldn't help but think "man this is cool...this is why I love to be out in the woods!"

I was a little concerned that the yotes might find the deer before I did so I marked the last blood and walked out to my truck. Drove the truck almost right to the stand hoping it might scare off the yotes. Walked back in to the last blood and started making a few small semi-circles to see if I could pick up any more sign. Luckily on about the 3rd pass I found her.

Shot was even closer than I thought. Less than 10 yards. Hit right where I was aiming clipping the back of the front shoulder and the arrow exited low in the front part of her stomach. The stomach had plugged the exit wound was the reason the blood trail got skimpy. She probably only went about 50 yards.

First deer with the grim reapers and I'm happy with the results! Won't have time tomorrow but fresh back straps are on the menu for Sunday!

Flash on camera phone wouldn't work so the only pic I have isn't very good however if someone will PM me that can post it I will be happy to share.