Never thought I'd say it but I wish Ron Paul was running. He might actually have a chance as bad as the nominees of the Republican, Democrat and Libertarian parties, are.

I think the thing that has contributed the most to the steady stream of bad candidates is people believing that just because their peers look like them, they owe their vote to the consensus of their peer group. It's the same mentality that blacks get made fun of for voting democrat no matter what.

People, in general, feel threatened if their choice is challenged or not supported by others that look like them and live where they do. It's expected everyone will fall in line and give into the same fears they have.

I think Hillary is the wrong choice for anyone with a conscience but I have no problem with anyone looking for an alternative to what they perceive as a candidate that doesn't deserve their support. I understand that makes some people angry and they will attack and try and shame anyone with that opinion but they don't have to like it because my decisions are my own and no one else's.

The people that feel like attacking and labeling me , and others, a liberal because of my refusal to carry the cult of Trump torch aren't important to me so they can vent if they like but they are wasting their breath. Convictions that can be altered by peer pressure and shaming weren't rooted in anything worth while, anyway.

I understand the reasons for voting against Hillary but I also understand people's reasons for looking for an alternative to Trump. I don't have a problem with either group.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard