Originally Posted By: hitek
Planted most of my plots the generic disk and sow method and tried the "throw n mow" method on 3 plots. I will say, during these drought times, the generic disk and sow method was the only plots that we got seeds to germinate and grow with the one rain we have had since planting...

With the weather the way it is right now, that may end up being a detriment that it sprouted. I wouldn’t call winners and losers just yet. As long as the birds aren’t hammering the fields then your seed is still there in the T&M plots. I know hunting clubs plan certain planting weekends in advance but with the current conditions the way they are…….it would be better to not plant at all right now. I know that doesn’t sound like an option for many but going ahead with planting right now is a huge gamble regardless of the method. It would really be good to let it go ahead and rain first before we all started trying to plant. It’s gonna take a really good rain event to turn around the brown drought we’re getting into. These are just horrible planting times….worst I can remember seeing for fall plots.

We dont rent pigs