Originally Posted By: rblaker

Originally Posted By: BamaGuitarDude
Originally Posted By: Drew11
To answer previous the question, I will be hunting public land so I cannot leave anything out there. So no one would suggest a hang on to carry in and out each time?

I would; I hate climbers. Find a small lock-on & learn how to put screw-in steps into a tree & take 6-9 of them w/you & go to town, man. Depending on the sitch, you only need to get 12-15 ft. up, so 6-9 screw-in steps, hang the lock-on, and you're there... If you can find an old Gorilla or Loc On brand stand, they made some very small models that are perfect for one & done situations...

BGD

Well since he's hunting public ground then screw-in steps will more than likely be illegal, atleast for all AL public land. For packing in and out you might look at either Lone Wolf or XOP hang-ons and either their climbing sticks or a set of Muddys. I've been looking at some stick talons as well that would attach my sticks to my stand.

I bought a XOP Air raid and the XOP sticks so I could try an extremely mobile set up this year. I also grabbed the stick talons but haven't had a chance to climb using them yet.

I have an extra XOP air raid for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested