Wade,
The guys above have already given you some great advice and are way more experienced than I am. I went along to learn and assist in third rifle season last year. We were DIY on a backpack hunt 5 miles in a wilderness area at an altitude between 9-10.5k. We were not successful for a number of reasons so I will leave my hunting advice out and give my 2cents on health, gear, and fitness

Staying hydrated helps tremendously with the altitude sickness. On days that I didn't drink enough water I got terrible headaches. I found out 3liters a day was not enough despite feeling like I was peeing continouosly every 30 min. I needed 4 liters a day to stay hydrated to where I didn't get headaches. Take some form of flavored powder Gatorade, lemon whatever to flavor some of your water with to encourage drinking more.

Know the warning signs of altitude pulmonary and cerebal edema. It sounds like you have experience at altitude but keep an eye on the rest of your party if they don't.

If you don't get the prescription diamox, then try aspirin and original Rolaids and ginko; they seemed to help us with mild altitude sickness.

Always keep your gps, map and compass on your person. Campfires? I would definitely check your regs. Working out? There is no substitute for finding the steepest rocky trail in your area putting on your hunting boots and whatever pack your going to carry with all your hunting accessories in it and going hiking. Maybe leave out the black powder:). Otherwise at least put 20-30lbs in that pack. Your daily gear may not weigh that much but the extra weight and a steep rocky trail will tell you quickly if your gear and boots are gonna hold up and/or how to adjust your pack. It doesn't take much to hit 20-30lbs in a pack, spotter, tripod, water@ 2.2lbs/liter, food, extra clothing, kill kit etc. Walking on smooth trails is not the same as sidehilling in steep country. On a side note I hope you have a decent pack back. If you don't have a pair of gaiters consider getting some. Gaiters were one of the most useful things I purchased for our trip.
Good luck and postup when you get back.
Dm