Originally Posted By: Snowman257wby
Salt licks before season (checked very little, a month +) just to see whats around. And you will see alot bucks when established.
During season very easily accessible places (maybe checked more frequently) or like someone else said where u will be hunting ( checked much less).

Good stuff right here. This time of year, I'm interested in inventory - check cameras every couple of weeks depending on food running out. Generally, I use corn and a trophy rock and leave it for 2-3 weeks (or until the doe groups make it "their's). During the season, I continue to use cameras, but put them on trails or creek crossings. As others have said, I'll check them when hunting nearby - rarely go in to check them.

Here's the most important thing though... do what you can to minimize your presence. I typically put my cams over head high - I believe it makes a difference. Since I started it, I've not had one buck startle and spook. Also, I rarely put cams in remote areas. IMO, the further you walk/ride ATV, the more you disturb the area. My hunting lands usually have well roads on them... people would be shocked how close to roads/wells I have sets. Our deer are accustomed to regular traffic on these roads and trucks stopping near the wells. I figure that's far less impact than riding/walking half a mile into remote areas to put a set.