Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter
I've been having a discussion with an elderly friend of mine about data usage. He can't seem to grasp the fact that he has some serious issues going on with his phone/phones. I have 4 smartass phones on my plan that I pay for. I pay $235 a month and that is with 12gb of data. No teenagers although my wife stays glued to it at times. Well my elderly buddy also has 4 phones with Verizon and pays $800-$1,000 a month because they use approx 60gb per month. REDICULOUS I know! I'm trying to explain to him they must have some apps that constantly run and drain their data because he claims they use wifi more often than not. My question to y'all is how many phones do you have and how much data are you using.

Before you answer;

QUAILMAN no need for you to reply, just get back to pissing your pants. and for those of you that pride yourself for living in ancient times by not having or using a cell phone, we've heard it all before. Blah blah blah

Sounds like somebody is watching a lot of videos. Its possible one or some of the phones are being used as a mobile hot spot. Possibly Since Direct tv is being offered on mobile devices a lot of people are smoking data. In a nutshell i would set a limit on each phone or at least contact the provider and see which phones are using the most data. Then give them the bill and give them the option of paying for it or turn their data completely off. One more thing to check is google plus. It is automatically set to upload anything you do with your phone, like pictures and downloads. This uses a lot of data. Customer service of the provider can walk him step by step on how to disable any automatic cloud updates and uploads

Two roads diverged in the woods and I took the one with deep ruts,hills and mud.It may be bumpy but WHAT A RIDE!