Originally Posted By: countryjwh
Fur. So far so good. All i habe is that one box though. Are they gonna male it or do i need to get a super on there? Still feedibg and they are going through 3/4 quart a day. They don't have all the frames filled in though. They only have four or five. What's my next step. Me just going back there watching them everyday probably ain't helping.

Have you checked it for eggs and larvae? If not, you need to make sure the queen didn't get squished.

You do need to try and get a super of comb drawn out this summer. While they are drawing comb, keep them drawing comb. I've read that feeding them 1 part sugar to 2 parts water will keep them drawing comb but I don't know that to be true from experience.

Be careful feeding, if they start plugging the brood nest with nectar they will swarm. If the frames with brood are spotty, with nectar and brood mixed through the frame, they are plugging the nest. If that's the case, slow down on feeding them.

EDIT: Watching them doesn't hurt a thing. If you have time it's actually a good thing because you can tell when they slow down bringing in pollen, meaning the flow is about over.

Last edited by FurFlyin; 05/16/16 02:48 PM.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14