Guys, I'm certainly not a fan of the continued lease price increases as evidenced by my input on some of the previous threads. Let me say this, food plot fees are absolutely reasonable. That timber company is taking that land out of regular timber production which is the real $$ maker. Lets say that acre is planted in pines. First thinning they will get say $700 in pulp and at 25 years they will harvest merchantable timber at say $1,800/acre. (I havent checked timber spot prices in years so this is just an example so dont beat me up on the numbers i made them round to simplify the math for you geniuses) So in 25 years, that land has produced $2,500 in timber or $100/acre in value each year in timber production. If I as the leaseholder want it to be a foodplot, the timber company should be compensated for that loss of revenue. Log landings and non-plantable areas excluded. Next to the roads. Road work is expensive. Period. I run a site and utility company and doziers and road graders are expensive to maintain, deliver to locations, and run. After our roads are freshly graded and a little damp, I or someone else with good mud tires will take a truck in 4 wheel low and put a good straight set of shallow ruts all the way through the property. That way when it does get sloppy, you can stay in the ruts and center of the road without completely destroying it. Freshly graded and real wet, a hunting club with 6-10 guys can completely destroy a freshly graded road to the point that it has to be reworked from scratch, built up, recrowned, new turn outs, etc which is time and $$. Common sense goes a long way.