Quote:
Seems like a huge jump from limiting assault rifle purchases to taking my 12 gauge

Maybe I'm underestimating her power. And the lack of power of the supporters of our side

Californiastan has begun taking aim at long guns. They're attacking the 2A piecemeal, getting one thing at a time instead of trying for the whole shebang at once. And they're succeeding. Same with hunting. Use of dogs, then trapping, then a specific critter ... one slice of the pie at a time.

Same with anti-hunting groups. Instead of screaming about "Ban Hunting! Ban Trapping!' they're being selective. One animal or season or method here, then another one there, this state, that state. If they get defeated, as with bear hunting in Maine, they just do it again and again until they either succeed or get someone on a state agency -- like in California, with its 'Conservation' board basically full of liberals against hunting -- and they work from the inside.

It's not far-fetched to think long guns - rifles, shotguns, centerfire - will come under more heavy attack, and not just AR-style rifles, "evil" black guns or those with accessories like grips or flash suppressors. They're looking at everything, everywhere, and gaining fractions of momentum.

Thus the reason to be more vigilant against these attacks even in our states where traditional hunting and "they couldn't do that here" attitudes prevail.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020