Originally Posted By: Honolua
I can guaran-damn-tee you i would have been standing right in front of the owner when i told him he would pay for new strings (From String Addictions) and that i would have grabows put them on and tune at his expense.

I've had great service from Rick over the years and it sounds like he has some employee issues, possibly. I know that he cares about the quality work he turns out and would try to calmly discuss working out a satisfactory solution but he doesn't do well with being talked down to or disrespect. I'm not saying I would have done any different if I'd been in the same situation but since I knowi Rick, I realize that isn't the route to go.

I can say I'd pay good money to see how giving him an ultimatum turned out for anyone walking in there to give him one. I don't think it would work out the way you hope it would. Again, I'd probably be pissed too and probably would have showed my behind but since I know Rick I can say for sure he would want to get to the bottom of the issue and identify the problem.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard