Originally Posted By: bama1157
Is getting your A/C worked on expensive? Yes it is but like TwoRs said you can't run a fleet of trucks worth 40-50 grand plus the tech's in them for peanuts just like the company you own or work for you have to make a profit.... If you want cheaper prices call the one man and a tool box guy but when it comes to HVAC you get what you pay for, I have been in and around the HVAC biz for 25 years and not a day goes by that we don't get a call to come fix what the one guy and a tool box tore up or couldn't fix...

The prices you paid were in line but he should have told you up front to just buy a new unit..

I don't think he wanted to tell me outright to buy another system and I can understand why. What I don't get is the markup in parts. I worked for a company and had to price out parts and it was ridiculous what I had to charge people for a Smoke Detector, we paid 35.00 and charged service contract customers 100.00, non-contract we charged 150.00, now before I get flamed I understand profit and overhead but if the capacitor cost you 20.00 and you marked it up to 139.00 you are making some serious profit on that one component and it makes me wonder what kind of markup is on the coils, again I don't mind paying for quality but there needs to be reasonable markup.

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?

Mark Twain