I had a Goodman 3-1/2 ton heat pump installed some 10 years ago. At the time I knew nothing of the different brands available. About 5 years after the install the compressor goes out and it was repaired under warranty, no biggie, fast forward to yesterday, there is frost on the line that is insulated. i call the folks that have done my A/C install and repair and they promptly respond. The tech goes about pulling every cover there is on the unit and the filter, the filter is wet so that indicates a problem. He tells me that the capacitor is not operating up to norm and needs to be replaced, okay, there is also leaking refrigerant somewhere and once he has the capacitor in place he can charge the system and check. Long story short he put two pounds of refrigerant and a new capacitor

Diagnosis - 89.00
Refrigerant - 80.00/pound, 2 pounds- 160.00
Capacitor - 139.00

So 388.00 later and the system is still broke according to them. I just now got a call from them and it will cost an additional 1,524.00 to replace the coils. Guys this does not sound right. Who on here does this kind of work and can give me an honest answer regarding price?

Thanks

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?

Mark Twain