Originally Posted By: Rebelman

Originally Posted By: bigt
IMO at least in SW Alabama there is not a piece of property I have ever seen or heard of that would justify my first year lease price be $10 acre. It might well get there after many years of hunting and invested improvements, but no way the first year......

You are entitled to your opinion but you just don't get it. The market dictates the price. Outside of mobile or Washington county, you'd be hard press to find another county in sw Alabama with an average price per acre below $10. Fact is, anything worth hunting is worth $10/ac.

We are both entitled to our opinion but I assure you I get it. I understand the market and the fact that most large timber companies unlike the smaller family run timber companies of the past do not care about long term lease relationships. They are only concerned with the most money they can squeeze out of a tract and like I referenced above I do understand that there are plenty of one and done lease holders that will pay that price at least once searching for that awesome hunting land they always dream about. As far as the rest of SW Alabama counties I know of tracts leased or available lease for an average of $8 in Baldwin, Choctaw, Escambia and Conecuh counties. I will agree with you that any tract with a " proven" history of hunting success would be worth $10 acre,but just because the market is currently producing $10 acre on a certain tract it does not mean it's worth it.

Life is too short to be small !!

http://crshuntingclub.webs.com/