We lease from Rayonier. Im just a member so I don't know what it costs and dont care really. I just pay my dues and go have a good time. Which I do. And I kill critters. So Im happy.

Different companies have different policies and some are going to be more hunter friendly than others. I have learned to temper my expectations on all timber co property. You are simply getting the right to hunt, ie paying a trespass fee. Nothing else is given nor implied. Rayonier has been a lot better than Seven States / Molphus in regards to working with us on creating plots, road access, etc.

Im okay with the foodplot fee and I understand it. Seven States / Molphus would NOT allow us to make any decent size plot, even after I offered to pay them a foodplot fee, and this was in a fresh, unplanted clearcut! (Roller chopped & sprayed 500ac clearcut. Looked like the moon. Void of life.). Road access was terrible, there was no access at all to a 300ac block and another 100ac block had limited access which was a poacher's paradise for the singlewide trailer locals that backed up to it. When the man from Seven States / Molphus (who acted like a jerk about the issues we were having) called to ask for my renewal including a price increase, I told him NO THANKS!

Much happier simply being a member on Rayonier land.

Sure Id love to hunt some privately owned land on the river w/ bottomland, mixed hardwood uplands, burned longleaf pine stands, and ag fields.... < 1 hour from my house... Still looking for that. Leads appreciated via PM! I guess it gotta be timber co land till then. smile