Ok so I've read this whole topic. What I've gathered is : the purpose is to create organic matter or biomass during the spring and summer. When it's time appropriate mow all this down and spray with gly(personal choice). Plant around 2 weeks later by throwing seed and not tilling.

Assuming that's all correct, I have an area that's subject to erosion, From bulldozer work that was done over Christmas time. (Before all the rain now It's staying very wet right now)I have planted some winter rye about a month ago that looks great and helping with erosion for now. My question is what can I do/plant to prevent from having to till again before the rye dies? I did throw out 10lbs of bahaia grass with the rye. I'm aware that I need to do a soil sample which I will get done.

I'm very new to planting food plots and I'm not very familiar with terminology. I did my first plots last year (always had a buddy that did them and never worried with it) with no soil testing with Crimson clover and a three blend mix from the feed store. So type slow or dumb it down if you will.

Last edited by Cactus_buck; 03/28/16 03:37 PM.