Mike carries a Ruger American Compact in 7mm08 with a 2_7 scope and a Glock sub _compact 33 in 357 SIG. Not sure what iron sights he has on his pistol. It is not always possible to carry a long gun because of thick brush, crawling, running or swimming. You'll need four hands when tracking anyway. I carry a Glock 23 with a 357 SIG barrel installed, eight bullets in it, only once have I used nine so I carry two in my pocket. I carry it in a Serpa Blackhawk holster. It's locked in but quick to draw. I have Crimson Trace grips and tritium fiber optic iron sights on it. My tracking rifle (usually only carry it when the deer is bayed) is a Ruger American Ranch Compact in 223 with a Nikon 2x7 because it is the only light, low power scope I could find that had a heavy duplex reticle. I have had the rifle lightened and fully loaded it weighs less than seven pounds. Makes a difference when you lug it after a deer for miles. The reflex sights that I tried didn't work out. Neither did the laser or tritium night sights on a shotgun. I use a 223 because I prefer the bullet not exit the deer for safety reasons.

Last edited by trackncur; 03/27/16 05:27 PM.