Originally Posted By: highcountry
Funny, I'm the only one that has mentioned anything positive about crossfit. So far, I like it. Also, from years of lifting weights and playing hard I've had (2) inguinal hernia repairs and right shoulder rotator repair. Other than extreme muscle soreness, my joints have never felt better since doing crossfit. Maybe that will change,, IDK?! So far the key is plenty or warm-ups and stretching before and after work-outs. I never did that before lifting. By the way, I'm not nutty with crossfit. Granted several I work out with are,, they live that stuff. I just wanted a change from the normal lifting I've always done and to be in a routine. Since I started my new job, I was not able to consistently get in a rhythm. Now that I'm paying a lot more for the crossfit membership I feel like getting my $ worth. Everybody is different and has their own opinions. I get that, but if you've never done it you can't give a true opinion of it.
No doubt crossfit will get you looking like a Greek statue, but they do have a high rate of injury. You are often throwing around some serious weight with poor form and nobody there who knows better to show you the proper form. A buddy who is an orthopedic surgeon said Crossfit and travel baseball are the two best things that happened to his profession.