Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Originally Posted By: Thorm465

Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
The only way you aren't going to be outgunned in an active shooter situation is if you carry an AR and several mags everywhere. People watch too much TV.

Carry the most effective weapon that you are comfortable using and carrying everyday. It might not even be the same gun in different situations. I carry both a pocket pistol and a Glock depending on the situation but I don't feel outgunned even when I'm carrying the Kahr P-380. It's likely more than I'll ever need.

Sir maybe you should watch the news more often. If the next ISIS/muslim terrorist attack is nearby where you call home, you'll start thinking a lot differently. Maybe if ISIS had put a hit on your head as they have every active/veteran and our families you'd think differently.

Carrying an AR and a battle sac in the back of your vehicle isn't a bad idea in the world we live in.

If it's not more than you'll ever need then you'll never need more again.

Notice I said to carry the most effective gun that you will be comfortable with and always have with you. If you can always carry a Glock 17 or 19 then more power to you,most people won't. That Glock or AR in your car won't do you much good when you are accosted wearing nothing but a pair of shorts down at the lake. My point is more about always carrying than about what you carry. I don't want people to get a Rambo complex and leave all that gear in their vehicle,which most will wind up doing if what they are carrying isn't convenient and comfortable.

let me ask you this since you want to carry an AR in your car. Are you going to get to the safety of your car ,get the AR and then go back into the danger?

Your greatest and most likely danger isn't going to be from an active ISIS shooter. It's going to be from a thug who attacks when you aren't prepared and don't expect it.

I completely agree with this.

To answer your question, yes or at least I'd like to think so.

To your last point, I prefer to be prepared for both.

�Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
We didn�t pass it to our children in their bloodstream.
It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.�
� Ronald Reagan