Originally Posted By: CNC
Originally Posted By: SCR00BK
New to the throw N mow,and have a few questions for the experts... studying up now for fall planting. I'm going to use cereal rye,oats,crimson clover,and trying to decide on which of these to add rape,turnips,or radishes.
I'm also wondering seed rate (lbs.) per acre for each to use for this method.
From the other thread I noticed it was as simple as the name suggests (throw N mow) but can I spray say a few weeks prior of throw N mow? What is you suggestions on this? I don't like weeds.

Nothing wrong with spraying a couple weeks ahead of mowing if that’s what you want to do. This method provides you with options. There’s no one set way…..only general principles that we work toward. I’ve went to planting my fall plots without spraying. I get some minor regrowth from summer stuff but not enough to matter and the first frost takes care of it. It just simplifies the process even more.

I assume you would spray or mow before the weeds seed out. To keep next years weeds from growing from this years seed??? If you do this for several years shouldnt it greatly reduce your weeds? I know you will always have some weeds that are transferred via wind or animal poop.

I love my country, but don't trust my government.