About 4-5 years ago I had a doe and button buck fawn that were coming in to one of my food plots like clockwork everyday I hunted there. They would show up a good 1.5 hrs before dark stay in the field for and hr or so then leave before the other deer would show up. It had been a pretty slow year as far as bucks sightings go. Never saw any real sign in terms of deer movement that the rut was kicking in. Well on the very last day of the season (Jan 31) the doe and her button buck fawn show up in the field. I'm a little surprised she still keeping him around. As I'm watching them all of a sudden the doe just stands on her back legs and starts throttling her fawn with her front hooves. She then proceeds to butt him and chase him off. My take on this was the momma doe was finally coming into heat here on the very last day of the season. Down here it's not unusual at all to see spotted fawns well into November.

I can't speak for other parts of the state but here in Baldwin co I'm very happy having the 10-days in February. Like many I love to bow hunt early season but I will gladly give up those 10-days to have em back in February.