</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Vortex Viper PST 5x25x50 for sale
by Smann. 05/28/24 12:43 PM
Furniture, washer, dryer, freezer and more
by rutwad. 05/28/24 10:59 AM
Some Free Stuff
by mcninja. 05/28/24 10:49 AM
Benelli m2 12 gauge
by twaldrop4. 05/28/24 07:43 AM
Bell & Carlson M40 stock
by Hunt-Fish-231. 05/27/24 05:02 PM
Serious Deer Talk
points or age on bucks...
by CNC. 05/28/24 01:58 PM
how much ammo
by ridgestalker. 05/28/24 06:18 AM
Kansas draw
by cgardner. 05/27/24 03:02 PM
Favorite hunting method
by Pwyse. 05/26/24 07:41 PM
Useful Gear
by YellaLineHunter. 05/21/24 10:57 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Iso
by AustinC. 05/21/24 05:01 PM
Marengo County Club
by EarlPitts. 05/17/24 04:02 PM
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Who's Online Now
115 registered members (BOFF, murf205, Bows4evr, turkey247, AU coonhunter, BurningBright, JKlep, clayk, RebFormanUDA, foldemup, rwh1, aubigmac, salock, Woodsy, 3Gs, Birdman83, zwick, Young20, PourIron12, Raspy, YellaLineHunter, WEMOhunter, 007, gastoka, deadeye48, BhamFred, Jason Carroll, GobbleGrunt, Uokman2014, Coosa1, Skillet, CNC, BPI, JCL, HBWALKER14, 7PTSPREAD, Remington270, odocoileus, turfarmer, curt99rsv, Ridge Life, crenshawco, JohnG, thayerp81, Chancetribe, IDOT, jchurch, Hunting15, ronfromramer, BBD23, !shiloh!, rutwad, abolt300, Shaneomac2, BentBarrel, woodduck, JA, Sasquatch Lives, Shmoe, gman, longshot, BCLC, Todd1700, slanddeerhunter, bamamed1, dagwood, duxlayer, twaldrop4, Smann, CatHeadBiscuit, Squadron77, Brownitsdown, Dean, AU7MM08, Livintohunt19, Stu, bama_earl, outdoorguy88, ts1979flh, laylandad, trailmix, AJones, mzzy, 2 ducks, slippinlipjr, bamapanic, M48scout, jlbuc10, claybird, rkt, burbank, Redman3, dirtwrk, CAM, Moose24, Big AL 76, Treelimb, centralala, Cynical, CAL, eclipse829, PossumPecker, RockFarmer, HHSyelper, hallb, CrimsonWSM, m2ruger, TheVern, 7 invisible), 703 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: NightHunter] #1622661
01/23/16 04:46 AM
01/23/16 04:46 AM
Jackson County
B
BrentM Offline
Mr. Turkey
BrentM  Offline
Mr. Turkey
B
Jackson County

Originally Posted By: NightHunter
Originally Posted By: BrentM
I'd also hate to think he'd leave aldeer just because some folks who have spent a whole lot of their livelihood studying and creating habitat for wild turkeys would take time to point out to him that there was a better than marginal chance that his logic could be flawed.

Nope

And unless you mean Ted, I don't know anyone else that studied turkeys on this site. You lump Steve in there too, just by pure dollars spent whistle

I'm lumping Steve in because I'd bet he's already forgot more about how to grow a turkey than most of the people on the board will ever know. I value his opinion every bit as much (if not more) than Gobblers. ALDeer is incredibly lucky to have both of them. I would think that most of the folks on the turkey forum would agree with that assessment.
It y'all are gonna be dismissive and aren't gonna listen to a guy with Steve's credentials just because he doesn't have the right degree then this state is in a bigger mess than I thought

Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: hallb] #1622673
01/23/16 04:54 AM
01/23/16 04:54 AM
Past Ol’ man Finley’s plac...
Southwood7 Offline
Booner
Southwood7  Offline
Booner
Nobody ran Matt off. There was a spirited discussion going on in the turkey forum and he gave his opinion. A couple of people respectfully disagreed with him and all of a sudden his account was deleted. I don't know why that particular thread put him over the top but it did.

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Job 33:4
Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: hallb] #1622683
01/23/16 05:01 AM
01/23/16 05:01 AM
Southwood7 Offline
Booner
Southwood7  Offline
Booner
Matt was one of the most respected members in the forum and its sad to see him leave the site.

Last edited by Southwood7; 01/23/16 05:27 AM. Reason: needed to clarify myself

Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: hallb] #1622686
01/23/16 05:07 AM
01/23/16 05:07 AM
Tampa
B
Beer Belly Offline
Freak of Nature
Beer Belly  Offline
Freak of Nature
B
Tampa

SW I don't know you, but from just reading your last 2 posts, you seem to have issues with Matt.

--------------
For what it is worth: I still agree with me!
A big man will stand up for himself; a great man will stand up for others.
Processor Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1OTDcvGoo3puyO-CV10he3pH97IE
Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: Hevishot13] #1622694
01/23/16 05:14 AM
01/23/16 05:14 AM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Originally Posted By: Hevishot13
This site is getting ridiculous. Running people like Matt off? Matt was a valueable resource for this site yes, but he didn't have to be. He did it because he cared to help people. He did it because he is a good feller. Something a lot of people on here lack.

This site has gotten to where it's nothing but drama, bickering, fighting and fussing. It's getting old and played out. I feel sorry for the ones that have nothing better to do than to get on a internet site and pick on folks, start drama, call people names, and put people down. And I'm not just talking about Matt leaving. I'm talking about the attitude of this sight for the last six months. Y'all like to gripe about skinny and him banning people, "boo whoo, it's not fair" whine whine. I think skinny should be putting out more productivity and banning a few more. This site used to be full of loving people, that cared for one another. But how can you be that person, five minutes after you just cussed out someone else. Some folks on here need to make a change, not just site related, they need a change inside themselves.

Now, I hate that Matt left, he was a good person best I could tell. Nighthunter, I hope you don't leave. You seem like a good feller too. Just ignore people more. If some IDOT starts saying things you don't like, ignore them and let it go. I have to do that on here every single day. There's still some great fellers on here, it's just getting harder to find them

Yep. I like Matt...and I know he held back from posting a lot...as there are always folks that just have to come post some chit stirring comment for no reason.
They have nothing positive or contributing to say...they just come in to make a rude comment as their only post.
Typical BS from some dudes that feel they can just say stuff on the net they wouldnt say in person.
I can understand his frustration. He was usually just trying to give an educated opinion and view.
Sad that he is gone but I hope nighthunter stays.

Dang.

Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: Hevishot13] #1622700
01/23/16 05:18 AM
01/23/16 05:18 AM
Autauga County, AL
5Pages Offline
8 point
5Pages  Offline
8 point
Autauga County, AL
I've enjoyed this site and hearing different opinions but the bickering on here lately is getting old. Agree with Hevi on this one.
This site is getting ridiculous. Running people like Matt off? Matt was a valueable resource for this site yes, but he didn't have to be. He did it because he cared to help people. He did it because he is a good feller. Something a lot of people on here lack.

This site has gotten to where it's nothing but drama, bickering, fighting and fussing. It's getting old and played out. I feel sorry for the ones that have nothing better to do than to get on a internet site and pick on folks, start drama, call people names, and put people down. And I'm not just talking about Matt leaving. I'm talking about the attitude of this sight for the last six months. Y'all like to gripe about skinny and him banning people, "boo whoo, it's not fair" whine whine. I think skinny should be putting out more productivity and banning a few more. This site used to be full of loving people, that cared for one another. But how can you be that person, five minutes after you just cussed out someone else. Some folks on here need to make a change, not just site related, they need a change inside themselves.

Now, I hate that Matt left, he was a good person best I could tell. Nighthunter, I hope you don't leave. You seem like a good feller too. Just ignore people more. If some IDOT starts saying things you don't like, ignore them and let it go. I have to do that on here every single day. There's still some great fellers on here, it's just getting harder to find them

Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: hallb] #1622701
01/23/16 05:19 AM
01/23/16 05:19 AM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
>>>> I can't point to another profession of the top of my head where most folks knows more than the professional.<<<

Nighthunter, you need to try preaching. Anyone who has ever been to Sunday School knows more than a preacher with a seminary degree. smile

If Matt left because of the thread I started, I am truly sorry. I wouldn't have started it if I had known that would be the result. I did not really expect him or Nighthunter to post in it.

My apology to all of aldeer if I caused this. I will ban myself for a while.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: Beer Belly] #1622707
01/23/16 05:22 AM
01/23/16 05:22 AM
Southwood7 Offline
Booner
Southwood7  Offline
Booner
Originally Posted By: Beer Belly

SW I don't know you, but from just reading your last 2 posts, you seem to have issues with Matt.

No, not at all!!! Matt has been nothing but helpful to me. I am frustrated that he left.

Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1622712
01/23/16 05:29 AM
01/23/16 05:29 AM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...

Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
>>>> I can't point to another profession of the top of my head where most folks knows more than the professional.<<<

Nighthunter, you need to try preaching. Anyone who has ever been to Sunday School knows more than a preacher with a seminary degree. smile

If Matt left because of the thread I started, I am truly sorry. I wouldn't have started it if I had known that would be the result. I did not really expect him or Nighthunter to post in it.

Preacher, I highly doubt you had anything to do with it. If everyone conducted themselves as you do, we'd have a lot more civil debate instead of the mud slinging free for alls that happen frequently.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: hallb] #1622721
01/23/16 05:33 AM
01/23/16 05:33 AM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
I agree with Southwood. I like Matt and hate he is leaving……but he was too sensitive to play the role of the biologist giving advice on a public forum. He took every disagreement personally. A public forum is never going to be a place where you can just stand up on a stage and cast out your opinion to the crowd with no rebuttal. Folks have a right to have a different opinion and its more likely that the ones who disagree will be the ones who speak out. The folks who agree will just read it and shake their head “Yep.”. It’s not the end of the world if a few people disagree with you or don’t like what you have to say. Take the criticism or dissenting opinion like a man and move on. Folks get too butt hurt over having your knowledge or opinion put in question. If folks are slinging vulgar comments and just acting like fools then that’s one thing….but if its just a matter of someone having a different opinion or criticizing in a civil manner…..well, then that’s what the sign on the door about thick skin is really there for. That rule applies to us all equally. JMO

We dont rent pigs
Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: inatree] #1622725
01/23/16 05:38 AM
01/23/16 05:38 AM
Marshall County
FurFlyin Offline
Freak of Nature
FurFlyin  Offline
Freak of Nature
Marshall County
Originally Posted By: inatree
It's a great loss of knowledge. Plus loss of a good man. This site is going to miss him

X2 and I hope Nighthunter changes his mind and stays.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: Hevishot13] #1622727
01/23/16 05:40 AM
01/23/16 05:40 AM
Marshall County
FurFlyin Offline
Freak of Nature
FurFlyin  Offline
Freak of Nature
Marshall County

Strong post and I agree.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: bill] #1622731
01/23/16 05:42 AM
Marshall County
FurFlyin Offline
Freak of Nature
FurFlyin  Offline
Freak of Nature
Marshall County
Originally Posted By: bill

Preacher, I highly doubt you had anything to do with it. If everyone conducted themselves as you do, we'd have a lot more civil debate instead of the mud slinging free for alls that happen frequently.

I agree bill. I don't read the turkey forum unless there is nothing else to read on here but PCP is always words his posts with humility and respect.

Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1622732
North Alabama
Hevishot13 Offline
14 point
Hevishot13  Offline
14 point
North Alabama

PCP, my response was not pointed towards you in any shape or fashion. If it sounded that way then I am sorry. My response was more pointed at the attitude of this forum for the past six months. I value your opinion just as I value matts, nighthunters, gobblers, and the rest. You have spring fever running through your veins like me and I do not want you to leave. You seem like a purty good feller too thumbup

Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: CNC] #1622735
01/23/16 05:44 AM
01/23/16 05:44 AM
North Alabama
Hevishot13 Offline
14 point
Hevishot13  Offline
14 point
North Alabama
Originally Posted By: CNC
I agree with Southwood. I like Matt and hate he is leaving……but he was too sensitive to play the role of the biologist giving advice on a public forum. He took every disagreement personally. A public forum is never going to be a place where you can just stand up on a stage and cast out your opinion to the crowd with no rebuttal. Folks have a right to have a different opinion and its more likely that the ones who disagree will be the ones who speak out. The folks who agree will just read it and shake their head “Yep.”. It’s not the end of the world if a few people disagree with you or don’t like what you have to say. Take the criticism or dissenting opinion like a man and move on. Folks get too butt hurt over having your knowledge or opinion put in question. If folks are slinging vulgar comments and just acting like fools then that’s one thing….but if its just a matter of someone having a different opinion or criticizing in a civil manner…..well, then that’s what the sign on the door about thick skin is really there for. That rule applies to us all equally. JMO
but it's not just this one instance, it's more times than not when Matt posts something. People always criticize him in the things he says. That gets old fast. Would you go somewhere you not wanted?

Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #1622746
01/23/16 05:50 AM
01/23/16 05:50 AM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Jeez PCP...this aint your dang fault.

Unintended consequences I guess. Dont feel bad. You are always polite and insightful in your posts.

Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: hallb] #1622749
01/23/16 05:53 AM
01/23/16 05:53 AM
Decatur
chevyman Offline
12 point
chevyman  Offline
12 point
Decatur
Just when things seemed to be be headed in the right direction.Hate to lose another one of the good guys..

Wisdom doesn't always come with age.
Sometimes age shows up all by itself.
Roll Tide
Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: ] #1622757
01/23/16 05:57 AM
01/23/16 05:57 AM
Southwood7 Offline
Booner
Southwood7  Offline
Booner
Originally Posted By: outdoorobsession

Jeez PCP...this aint your dang fault.

Unintended consequences I guess. Dont feel bad. You are always polite and insightful in your posts.

X100000

Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: NightHunter] #1622762
01/23/16 05:58 AM
01/23/16 05:58 AM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Originally Posted By: turkey247
I'll confirm... He Gone. Long time coming. After tonight I am strongly considering it as well.

I re-read the whole discussion on the turkey thread, and nothing there warrants this on a personal level.

However - I completely understand if it's a professional issue / conflict of interest type thing. I deal with that myself because of the business I'm involved with. I have to make certain ethics decisions and I turn things down pretty regular. I got involved in an outdoor industry because I loved the outdoors, and I actually regret it sometimes because of how it limits what I can and can't do on my own time. However providing for my family and our livelihood come first and I understand that fully.

We've known each other a long time Brady but we're in two different shoes. Often when Matt and I are on here we are fielding questions related to work. Time we aren't getting paid for. We are doing it to benefit the people of this site. All to often we are then drug into arguments or criticized for the info we gave whether it be our profei opinions or facts. I can't point to another profession of the top of my head where most folks knows more than the professional.

And it wasn't just that thread, that one topped it off I guess. He needs to spend more time with his wife and 3 kids anyway.

I can think of one off the top of my head. grin

Thus the reason I rarely post responses to legal questions.

Re: Did we run off another valuable resource - Matt Brock? [Re: doekiller] #1622766
01/23/16 06:01 AM
01/23/16 06:01 AM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Originally Posted By: doekiller
Originally Posted By: turkey247
I'll confirm... He Gone. Long time coming. After tonight I am strongly considering it as well.

I re-read the whole discussion on the turkey thread, and nothing there warrants this on a personal level.

However - I completely understand if it's a professional issue / conflict of interest type thing. I deal with that myself because of the business I'm involved with. I have to make certain ethics decisions and I turn things down pretty regular. I got involved in an outdoor industry because I loved the outdoors, and I actually regret it sometimes because of how it limits what I can and can't do on my own time. However providing for my family and our livelihood come first and I understand that fully.

We've known each other a long time Brady but we're in two different shoes. Often when Matt and I are on here we are fielding questions related to work. Time we aren't getting paid for. We are doing it to benefit the people of this site. All to often we are then drug into arguments or criticized for the info we gave whether it be our profei opinions or facts. I can't point to another profession of the top of my head where most folks knows more than the professional.

And it wasn't just that thread, that one topped it off I guess. He needs to spend more time with his wife and 3 kids anyway.

I can think of one off the top of my head. grin

Thus the reason I rarely post responses to legal questions.

You are right there Scott. It isnt worth the trouble is it?

I think Matt felt the same way...he wouldnt post a lot of times just to avoid conflict.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.