Originally Posted By: Irishguy
I'll probably get some grief over this, but...

I have haven't own or worn a piece of Alabama gear since I was a kid. Born and raised in Alabama, being a lifelong Alabama fan and knowing the history of the program, wearing the gear just seems corny.

I'm not a judgmental person, and I don't honestly feel this way, and I know it's illogical, but subconsciously, when I see someone in Alabama gear, the first thought that comes to my head is: "Redneck." Same for someone wearing camouflage gear out in public unless they are actually on a hunting trip or in the military.

We were in Daphne last night eating at Boudreaux's before the game and there was a guy in there wearing an Alabama hat, shirt and jacket. I walked up to him as we left and asked who he was going to be pulling for tonight... grin He thought I was serious.

So what do you have against Rednecks?

"In time of war, send me all the Alabamians you can get, but in time of peace, for Lord's sake, send them to somebody else." General Edward H. Plummer

"Blessed are those who, in the face of death, think only about the front sight." Jeff Cooper