Originally Posted By: daniel white
Having common dog sense is worth a whole lot, alot of people have never hunted dogs or used them, but want one for training... Common dog sense, got to have it a little bit atleast.... People have been using GPS trackers for years.

Yeah, a lot of the trackers have been using basic GPS too…. but the problem wasn’t knowing where the dog was located, it was making it stop before it ran in the road. That's what ha changed with the Alpha. The ability to do both in one unit. People have different distances they feel comfortable letting their dogs track out in front but even someone being conservative about it can still be several hundred yards from the dog when tracking. When the dog tracks up on that deer that’s still alive and it jumps up in front of them…..then I just don’t think people have been able to get their dogs to stop. They are either too far to here the command or just don't listen. Otis just wasn't going to listen without the threat of the shock collar. His prey drive flips and he zones out and gets tunnel vision. That beep snaps him out of it though. A high percentage of these tracks are near some type of paved road and I’d say its probably the biggest danger that I see so far.

Last edited by CNC; 01/03/16 05:15 PM.

We dont rent pigs