Codie , the coyote has not been around here very long , it's thriving though and I would love to see a study of home ranges over a given area as it has expanded eastward and I would bet that it has strunk in size a lot and is continiung to shrink as it learns and adapts at kilking fawns and targeting adult deer in some environments.. There are still more deer but in some places the population is becoming nearly unhuntable , and I would be willing to bet the coyote is a big piece of the puzzle .. I got to thinking about the size of doe groups and maintaining a size of doe groups for the deers protecting agaisnt coyotes .. I'm sure there are people on here with more insight on this, and then there are the people here who just like to argue and disagree with with eveyone no matter what too . I see where you were headed with your post though. I would almost bet my house on it , that if we don't stop killing does or atleast have a couple of doe days within just a few short years . Hunting will be unenjoyable in a large portion of the state .
Does anyone know how much the eastern coyotes average weight has climbed over the years ?

Last edited by RonBuck; 01/03/16 05:23 AM.