Originally Posted By: BhamFred
Originally Posted By: SMB44

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
if yer talking about the cut hole thats backerds as a crawfish.

A two blade head will out penetrate any three or four blade head, everything else equal.

So you think a two blade cut has a greater chance of closing than a 3-4 blade?

I was talking about a two blade fixed head actually, but the science is the same a two blade head will out penetrate a three or four blade head...less drag. I have shot three blade mechanicals and fixed and found that the penetration I got was not what I wanted to see, esp with big three blade fixed heads.

You may want to check the sharpness of the blades. I have yet to have a fixed head not pass through a deer and burry half the arrow in the dirt. Shot a deer this year quartered hard away. Slipped arrow in behind ribs and came out in front of deers shoulder. This what with a slick trick razor trick. Shot a 250+ lb buck in Kentucky quartered to me shot him on the inside of his shoulder and busted straight through a rib complete pass through. A three blade fixed will always out penetrate a three blade mechanical unless it is some super dull head. There are tones of penetration tests all over the internet.