Thanking God for the blessing of bring on the woods and the first deer of the season.

I was back and forth last night about whether to go or not. But I decided to just go for the morning. I was getting ready to call it at 10:30 and out pooped three does in the hollow to my left at just over 80 yards. They were kind of erratic and moving quickly. I thought they may be getting pushed by a buck. They were quickly going to be out of sight and I didn't want to take a chance on a buck not being behind them or a small buck that I couldn't shoot (Skyline Zone A buck restrictions). So I popped the last one and she went right down but continued to struggle. She jerked around and I think my second shot missed. The third busted her right knee and up through the chest cavity.

All that said, I was a little chilly this morning with the wind and overcast sky. But I had only one thin layer. Didn't hear that many shots up there today.

Last edited by JohnGibby; 12/14/15 12:05 PM. Reason: Final correction for yardage

Love God. Love people. Serve Christ.