They are a great head as long as your setup produces enough KE to push them through a mature buck. Especially if he is quartering to or away from you. No matter what head I'm shooting I prefer to have an exit wound. I'd rather have 2) 1-3/16" holes than 1) 2" hole. The exit wound will put more blood on the ground if shooting from a stand due to the fact it will be lower. I killed around 10-12 deer with rage heads and they do work but I was disappointed with their performance on heavier deer. I however have a shorter draw length which robs me of some KE. Those with longer draws and heavy arrows may not experience the same issues. I much prefer the penatration of a fixed head and if everything is properly tuned they will fly and group like field points. Not everyone has the know how or tools to do so and I don't know of a bow shop that is going to take the time to do it right if they know how. So I see the convenience of mech. Heads to the average hunter. That being said shot placement is everything and with proper shot placement any head on the market will result in a clean fast kill.