Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
What did the inside look like? If it was destroyed, then the bullet did expand. It just didn't fragment. Most of the time when you see massive exit wounds it is from several shrapnel fragments exiting. The bullet likely did exactly what it was supposed to.

A fragmenting bullet will kill better on a lung shot but you won't get the penetration you would need on a Texas heart shot. A Partition may be the best of both worlds with some fragmenting but a large portion left for penetration.

A Shoulder shot will stop them faster than a lung shot but you might loose some meat. Personally I prefer a bullet that expands but does not fragment. That way, I can take whatever shot I need at whatever angle is presented.

Yes the lungs were blown apart and it also did a number on the liver. No doubt it was a devastating shot. I was really only concerned with the lack of a blood trail initially. But a previous poster explained what probably happened and it makes sense. She didn't start bleeding good until the cavity filled up. After reading yours and others comments, I think I was worried over nothing. I'm sticking with Winchester(they are real accurate), but the next time I buy ammo, it will be 150 grains rather than 180's.

A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument