Originally Posted By: Kounse
Join a club that has good rules on buck harvest as I don't and will not join a hunting club that lets its members shoot immature bucks as they're easy to kill and you can wipe out a large percentage of of 1.5 and 2.5 yr olds.

I think you missed his point. He wants to be able to kill a 1.5-2.5yr old deer if he wants and his 4 friends are all in agreement about it.

As far as acreage goes, depending on the layout, 500ac could be plenty for 10 people. From experience we had 500ac in KY, mostly fields. We only had 5 guys hunting it but could have easily held 10-15 guys at 1 time.

I agree with most everything folks have already stated. We have 13 members with just under 3k acers. With kids and wives that number could easily double on a day when everyone was down. I'm not as mad at them as I used to be so letting a nice 2yr old walk is fine by me and if it gets killed by someone else then so be it. If someone wants to hunt somewhere I want to hunt then I normally don't have a problem with letting them. Seems the deer I've killed were in stands that I was hunting because someone else wanted to hunt my first pic. The biggest annoyance to me is those who don't put in work ALWAYS are the ones who hunt the most. Doesn't matter what club you are in there will always be those who carry the weight and those who are lazy as heck until season opens.

If your decoy doesnt have holes in it, your not letting him get close enough... J.H.

"Life lessons are almost never found where you think they should be, sometimes they're in the middle of a small, muddy creek in the woods with steep banks"... DeadorAlive