Stuck this one this morning. Not my biggest buck with a bow but a nice 3 year old 8. Went and hunted an acorn flat that my dad was killing deer off of 30 years ago. Big flat loaded with chinkapins, rocks, and nasty thick cedars. Haven't scouted it at all but the deer been doing the same thing for as long as I can remember. Sure enough deer all over when I got there and this guy showed up about at 8 and about 100 yards down the mountain. I thought he was going to feed on around but as luck would have it he turned and walked straight up towards me. I only had one opening before he crossed a ditch and into so thick stuff and it was a steep angle shot at 47 yards. I adjusted the HHA for 42, drew back then let one fly at him. Even with the compenation I still Hit him a tad high and a little back but knew I got at least one lung. Gave him a little while and went and checked for arrow and blood. Found both but bumped him as he wasnt 50 yards from where I shot him. I backed out and me and Dad picked up the trail about 2 hours later. Sure enough we trailed him another 200 yards and found him. He is no monster but 14" wide both brows were busted off, he had kickers off the bases in the back.He gone eat good!

Last edited by demp17; 10/17/15 08:19 AM.

We are not perfect, only forgiven!!!