sumpter, I was talking to a fiend today about learning about deer. I stated that I had learned more in the last ten years about all aspects of deer than I had learned in the preceding 50 years. Difference is that I have been in the woods seven days a week, 365 days a year for the last 10 years. Working, hunting, observing...and working. If I have ANY powers of observation I ought to of absorbed SOME knowledge.

I will end this by saying a friend and I spotted a buck one night maybe 25 yards off the road. Both of us got a real good look. Both agreed that buck was waaaaaay old and would be hard to kill. I put him at the top of my list to hunt. First week of season I was guiding a 11 year old boy who just killed a nice buck when I saw this buck coming. I could not/wouldn't allow him to shoot it and I didn't want to kill a huge old buck while guiding him, as he had just killed his first buck. I let him walk off. I still judged him to be 7-8 years old.

Didn't see him all season and found him dead after the season. Tooth wear, judged by that property, showed him to be three/four years old. WTH??? I guess I should of absorbed more knowledge over the years..haha. grin grin

Good Lord give me a few more years I might gain some more knowledge about my favorite animal.....

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one