Originally Posted By: wmd
Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter
Originally Posted By: Rocket62
NOTE: I love my Summit Viper SD and it's modded to the hilt BUT ... I like it for rifle hunting, not bow hunting

I'm looking for an OPEN FRONT climber for bow hunting ... something like the Lone Wolf S&C maybe

don't get the summit open shot. damn thing is a accident waiting to happen. I don't remember the name of it but I have a summit that the front rail drops down for bow hunting. I like it. how much does your viper weigh with all that stuff on it?

Why do you say the Open Shot is an accident waiting to happen?I have an older Summit Open Shot that I have bow hunted out of for years. I would think as long as you are tethered to the tree from time you start climbing until you touch back down it wouldn't be any more "accident-likely" than any other stand. Maybe I am missing something?

With that said, I have been using an Viper Elite SD, but will probably switch to an XOP this year.

unless you are a smaller framed feller I don`t see how in the hell you can use that tiny little thing. I`m not a large person (in my opinion) and I am pretty damn coordinated but that thing is as big as a Christmas tree ornament