Originally Posted By: Irishguy
Today I did something I have never done before... I actually donated to a political campaign. I whipped out the ole' Bass Pro Shops Credit card and donated to Mr. Carson's campaign.

I truly think that he is a man of principle, I think he is a wise, reasonable and pragmatic man. I also think that he can be a unifying force in America. Here is a man who has transcended race and who can inspire All Americans, not just African Americans. In my opinion he embodies what Dr. King spoke about in his "Dream" speech.

You boys inspired me...I just followed suit.

Irishguy: I agree with your assessment of him and, like you, this was the first time I've ever donated to a campaign of any kind. I've been holding out to see if he could seriously contend before I totally bought in, but I guess I can donate again after he's won the nomination...fingers crossed.

I truly have a good feeling about him, and hope he can make a charge once Trump's inexplicable run falters...again, fingers crossed. If I get the opportunity to vote for Carson it will be the first time in my life (I'm 32) to vote for a presidential candidate that I actually believe in...this lesser of two evils chit has gotten old, and has always made me a little nauseous.