Originally Posted By: BC
Originally Posted By: ikillbux
Originally Posted By: IDOT
Originally Posted By: ikillbux
They are the SAME thing, accomplish the SAME thing.

If you order a steak at a restaurant and they bring you a can of Vienna sausages, is that the same thing?

Yes. Both are FOOD, both exist for the purpose of human consumption and nourishment. Albeit wiener-shaped bologna isn't very nourishing! laugh

A majority vote does not establish truth, it simply creates legalities. The proper way to frame this argument would be to say that the USDA has declared hamburger meat legal to eat, but baked beans are illegal to eat. Now, we all know that baked beans can be eaten just as well as hamburger meat, except one just isn't legal to consume. There's no friggin logic to the illegality of beans, just as there's no friggin logic to the illegality of hunting over corn. We are NOT debating the legality of food plots vs corn, we ARE saying they are the exact same thing for the same purpose. They are both food for deer, used for the purpose of bringing the deer to a desired spot. A kernel of corn, an acorn, a blade of grass, a granule of salt/mineral, are all FOOD for deer. And they are all used by hunters to know precisely where the deer will come to. I cannot believe someone actually disagrees with this...are we actually debating this??
Now corn or other fabricated attractants (like Acorn Rage) might pose some sort of threat (like mold) to deer health, that can be debated I suppose. But the intent of this whole thread was about the sportsmanship of someone hunting over corn. As if someone hunting over a food plot had some moral high ground over the guy hunting over corn.

I think the man is saying that a deer will walk around a plot of grass to get to a corn pile. They prefer the corn to the grass. Therefore the corn is a more powerful attractant than the grass. Both are bait but not equal.

Hell I put out stuff that'll make a deer walk over corn lol..I've seen just the opposite. I've watched deer nibble on corn then hit the greenfields.. smile

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!