Originally Posted By: AUduckiller

Originally Posted By: dirkdaddy
30mph plus 30mph head on without braking is no joke. It will take a few days for the soft tissue injuries to really appear, not a good sign your neck already hurts. Don't hesitate to go to a doctor. And I'd remove that bumper, I'd rather my airbags go off and pay some damage to my vehicle than paying it into medical bills.
well seeing as that bumper saved my truck I'll stick with it. Airbag sensors are accelerometers not pressure sensors. They have a minimum force setting. Typically above 25mph I wasn't going fast enough for them to go off apparently. So good thing I had it.

Toyota airbags should deploy on impacts between 12 to 18 mph which means any impact greater than 18 mph should result in air bag deployment. Toyota is one of the safest vehicles on the road because they have built in crumple zones to absorb impact so that the occupants absorb less force. In other words, the asthetic features are supposed to sustain a lot of body damage. That feature along with a reinforced cab results in fewer serious injuries but more damage to the vehicle, itself. It's one of the things Toyota really stresses in their sales training.

Last edited by bill; 08/23/15 02:15 PM.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard