My wife and I were in Troy Wal Mart tonight when the tornado hit. It was scary. We were at check out on Grocery end when the doors opened and two big gusts of strong wind took two small signs and slammed them down on the floor. Signs were inside store and it garbed my attention as first slammed then number two. The cashier , my wife, and I all looked toward the door and all started hearing the freight train sound. It's a sound you won't forget if you ever hear it. About that time I heard the massive wind gusts occurring and debris started flying every where. The roof started coming up as well. I shouted out everybody run speaking to my wife and the cashier as well as whoever else could hear me. We turned and started runing toward the right hand side of the store near the deli area. Debris started eating us up as we were runing toward a set of double doors in the meat or deli dept . When we got just inside those doors we hit the floor. We tried to get other people in there as well. It happened so fast there wasn't much we could do. We immediately started praying to our Lord God in Heaven. We live only a mile from Wal Mart and we knew it was headed toward our home. I started calling our place to try and let them know it was for real .We prayed that it would miss our homes and loved ones who were at our place . All we could do is ask God to protect us and our loved ones. The Good Lord did just that. I know for a fact that there were several people injured tonight. Some were hurt pretty bad I'd say. However I don't think there were any life threatening injuries that I'm aware of. I did hear talk of one. My wife and I did sustain cuts and abrasions , got hit by flying debris, and I somehow hurt an ankle . Other than that we were ok. I saw some folks cut up pretty bad but y'all it could have been a lot worse. The roof in portions is gone. Hibbett sports next door was destroyed. Vehicles were damaged and one 18 wheeler was overturned. Shoping carts were thrown around, and debris was scattered all over the parking lots and us 231. I'm pretty sure it was a tornado. Some said it was just straight line winds. , but I'd bet it was a tornado. I haven't heard whether or not it did any more damage as it went on. But we hope our prayers were answered for other folks to. It was a scary night. Folks in this store tonight should count their blessings. I know we do.