Last year during turkey season I was Hunting my property one morning. A county roads splits my place. Fields and bottoms on one side, one field and the rest mountains on the other. I was in the bottoms in a field listening for birds. By nine I hadn't done any good so I decided to go to the mountains. When I got into the corn field below the mountian I made a bee line toward the timber, I didnt want to get caught in the field by a long beard so I was humpin it across this field. Something made me look to my right. There was something standing in the field at 150 yards from me in the corn stubble. At first I thought coyote. It was moving towards the mountain but as I watched it I knew it wasn't a coyote. Too small and the walk wasn't even close to being right. Then I thought pit bull. It's face was rounded like towards the front. But no that wasn't it. Still too small and the walk still wasn't right. As I watched it, it noticed me and layed down in the corn stubble. so I kneeled down. After five minutes I said to hell with it and I got up. And as soon as I raised up, it did too. It was just standing there looking at me. By this time the hair on my neck was on wide alert. Then this critter started walking right at me. So I slung the 870 off my back and got ready. Then all of a sudden it turned and went in to over drive towards the road, crossed it and I couldn't see it anymore. Scared the crap out of me. It was about a foot and a half higher than the corn stalk stubble, had a rounded face and a long tail that bowed in the middle. And it's shoulders rolled as it walked. And was blonde colored I think, as I'm shade blind, can't tell a lot of color shades apart. It was a lot bigger than a coyote. Well when I got done hunting I went to my mothers, as she lives right beside me, to check on her. I had not mentioned this to her. I kinda forgot about it. All of a sudden she said, did you see that critter in the field this morning? She described it to a T just as I had seen it. She said it was bouncing around like it was trying to catch a rabbit or a rat. I said, what do you think it was? She said "I think it was a mountain lion". What's the odds both of us seeing it and thinking that's what it was, In the same field the same morning only at different times? Im not saying 100% that it was a mountain lion, but I can say 100% that it weren't no coyote. I killed a lot of yotes in my day, none like that. None even close to that big. So to answer your question, yes, I'll mow it down if I ever had the chance.