A bunch of years ago, on opening week of bow season, a buddy(Roy) made a bad shot on a six pointer. The next day, I was hunting 1/4 mile from there and another buddy(Steve) was hunting about 2 miles further away. Steve shot a different 6 pointer that morning, but he hit it Waayyy far back. Steve got down and started tracking his buck and found a six pointer laying right off of the trail, assumed it was his, loaded it up and came back to camp. Meanwhile, I am watching yet another Six point with an arrow sticking out of his hip like a radio antenna. He came closer and I drilled him, tracked him to within 3 feet of my 4 wheeler. I loaded him up and off to camp. I had mine hanging and in the process of skinning him when Steve pulled up with a deer on his truck. He had a pretty puzzled look on his face, and said that's what the deer he shot at looked like. I showed him the arrow that had been in him and it matched the ones in his quiver. Roy drove up and asked Steve where he found the buck that he(Roy) had shot the day before. Steve had found Roys deer on his blood trail about 2 1/4 miles from where it had been shot. I killed the deer that Steve had shot 45 minutes earlier about 2 miles from me.

That was my first bow killed deer, and the aforementioned drilling wasn't that simple. It was only after I had my first aluminum arrow fall off my TM hunter rest and clang off my stand and the tree as it fell. The deer jumped and ran in a semi-circle and stopped 15 yds away. I gathered my nerves enough to clumsily get another arrow nocked and airborne. As I said the deer almost tried to load itself.

Last edited by metalmuncher; 07/27/15 05:52 PM. Reason: mo info