I understand your viewpoint, however you would be wrong in my case. I already have 1500 acres to hunt in Henry County. The other 3 gentlemen and I that hunt it have been managing the land for 8 years now, and our results are impressive. We took property that was over-run with does, and that had been hunted with the "if it's brown it's down" philosophy for decades, and turned it into a fantastic piece of hunting property. The previous 20 years or so had yielded only 1 deer in excess of 120". Since we started managing it, we have taken 8 deer over 130", with 3 of them going over 140". No bad for a property only 30 minutes from Florida.

About now you are probably asking why I would be looking for another piece of property if my existing hunting land is so good. Well, I will tell you. The rut on our property happens around Christmas, and is usually wound down by the first week of January. The last 3 weeks is usually pretty slow. In contrast, most of the surrounding area has a late January early Feb rut. I figured that I am in a somewhat unique position to live in an area that has 2 distinct ruts, and that if I could find another small property in the January rut area, that I could spend the last few weeks in the season hunting another rut, thus increasing my odds to kill a big one. Nothing sinister, no need for me to hit the lottery. If I can't find anything this year, no big deal, I will just continue to work on it until I do find something.

As far as you questioning the reasoning behind asking a bunch of total strangers for hunting land, I can totally understand, however I look at it like this: it costs me nothing but a few minutes of time to post on the forum and ask. If I get no response, I have lost nothing. If I do happen to get a response, I may end up with something very valuable to me. Sounds like reasonable odds to me: nothing to loose and everything to gain. I won't even be out the $1 for a lottery ticket!

For the gentleman asking about the 80 acres between Montgomery and Bham, I mentioned last week to my co-worker that he could probably lease out that property fairly easily, and he said he had never really considered it before, but would think about it. I will ask him again this week, and if he decides to go that route, will be happy to forward his contact info to you.