Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter
the 2 high dollar La Floresta clubs have feeders going year around. when the feeders go off, you can dang near close your eyes and pull the trigger and kill a doe. they see bucks on a regular basis too. doesn't sound like fun to me but if killing large numbers of deer is your thing, that's the place to be.

If you're talking about Helton's Pasture as one of them, that hasn't been my experience. Does, yeah, you see a few, but not like you'd think. Bucks, not so much. I hunt there several days a year as a guest (good friend of mine is a member), and I've yet to see a racked buck under a feeder there. Seen plenty of them in those peanut fields they used to have, though.

All of La Floresta, including Helton's pasture has decreased over the last several years (since Ivan). La Floresta requires every club to kill 2 does for every buck, so you definitely don't see as many deer as you used to.

But, La Floresta is proof that when it is done correctly you CAN kill bucks over feeders. Most of that is due to lack of pressure than corn, 1 member per 250-300 acres is the standard for the La Floresta clubs. That is one of the few places I have hunted in Florida that you can actually "see a rut" with multiple bucks chasing hot does.