Originally Posted By: bambam32

Thanks for the tips. Fortunately we got a really good rain at the camp today. It'll be two weeks before I can get back up and will post some pics.

Yellow, red, and purple colors are signs of plant stress from things like rapid temp change, nutrient deficiencies, lack of oxygen, ect…..The next time you go back I would take a couple bags of 17-`17-17 and go ahead and get something out for now to give the plants a boost. The new plants will be growing in the same nutrient deficient soil that caused that poor looking wheat. While your there pull a soil sample and send it in to have tested. It’s something like $7 at Auburn. I’d also recommend taking back a bag of milo with you and throw some of it out before the next rain. It would be a good thing if you have some type of grass specie growing in there this summer. “Grass” species are our biggest suppliers of organic matter….high C/N ratio. For winter and summer try to include 3 components of your mix……grass, broadleaf, legume. They all play a role in making the whole cycle function properly.

Last edited by CNC; 04/28/15 07:01 AM.

We dont rent pigs