Originally Posted By: 04 Spoiler
Originally Posted By: bowhunt55
Didn't the Edwards guy split up Portland Landing and sell it off several years back? I know of those places you mention as well as several other nice places over there (e.g. sedgefield) and they do kill a few 150" deer from time to time, but I still think the vast majority of free range deer are in the mid 120's to low 130's. I do agree that the genetics and etc. seem to be better in the Portland Landing area, however I still would agree with the previous poster that 150" deer are still a very small percentage of mature bucks at Portland or anywhere else over there in a free range herd (even with unlimited budget).

Yeah Lanier split up and sold it off... I also agree with most of what you say, 150's are a small percentage based on total population of a track of land anywhere, even Lee and Tiffany's place in Iowa. But it is also more common in places in Alabama than people realize. Those places are never mentioned on the internet specifically for that reason. I personally know of a 170"+, a couple of 160's and multiple 150's just from around the Portland Area that never made mention out of a group of maybe 10 people... And I am definitely sure there are a LOT of deer killed in that area that I don't know about...

But overall, I agree, 150 is a damn hard number to get to but believe it or not, there are quite a few places that pump em out every year that are never mentioned to the public...
170s That's all? I know of one that hit the 200" mark wink grin

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!