Originally Posted By: Simpleman
It needs to go up a bit. The big landowners need to pay more to help out. That means the little landowners like myself will pay a little more too. I'm good with that.

BS!!! You do know property taxes aren't just "landowners" don't you? It's homes and businesses also. My home already goes up EVERY year for no reason. Most people don't realize this since their taxes come out with their home payment each month. Business tax goes up and they pass it on to consumers. So, property taxes goes up people will pay more for land tax and hunting leases, home tax, and business tax and goods consumed. Essentially, for a lot of people a 1% (or mill which most people don't understand) property tax increase would be a 1% income tax with everything going up. Why does education have to come from property taxes? The money is already there, just not being used wisely. The State needs to be run like a household when it comes to money. A household can't TELL their boss they need more money. We budget and make it work with what we have.